WRWR The Patriot Masthead
TV 38 The Patriot
99.9 wnng
Facebook Button
Facebook Button
Facebook Button
Proposed Air Force military cuts for 2013 to focus on Guard, Reserves
by Gene Rector
Feb 03, 2012 | 1981 views | 0 0 comments | 9 9 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Air Force Secretary Michael Donley added more clarity Thursday to earlier announcements that the fiscal year 2013 budget submission to Congress would contain additional cuts of some 10,000 airmen.

Speaking to an Air Force Association breakfast in Arlington, Va., Donley said the Reserves and Guard would bear the brunt of the cuts with reductions of about 6,000. The remainder would come from the active duty force.

Among the reserve component cuts, 5,100 would be drawn from the Guard and 900 from Air Force Reserve Command, Donley added.

According to an Air Force Times account of Donley's speech, the Air Force had 333,370 airmen at the end of fiscal year 2011 along with 106,000 guardsmen and 70,800 reservists.

"The Air Force has consistently cut its active duty strength over the last ten years,leading the leadership to focus more this time on the reserve components," Donley is quoted in an Air Force Association report on the session. He said Guard and Reserve leadership had been involved in the analysis that led to the proposed cuts.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet